Sweet Potato Salmon Cakes
- 12 ounces cooked wild caught Salmon (I used 2 6oz. cans of Trader Joe's Wild Alaska Salmon)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon zest and sliced for garnish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Paleo cooking oil
Optional: Lemon Dill Mayonnaise Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayonnaise (or other Paleo mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
If you're using canned salmon, drain the salmon. If you are using leftover cooked salmon, carefully remove the skin. Add the salmon to a mixing bowl.
Add the shredded sweet potato, lightly beaten eggs, coconut flour, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and zest from one lemon. Mix until combined.
Heat the cooking oil in a skillet over medium heat. While the skillet gets hot, use your hands to form salmon patties using roughly 1/3 cup mixture for each patty.
Carefully lay the patties into the hot skillet. Cook for about 7 minutes on one side then flip and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until both sides are golden brown.
For the lemon dill mayonnaise sauce: Add all the ingredients for the sauce to a small bowl and whisk to combine
Remove from heat, give them a few squeezes of fresh lemon juice and serve over a bed of greens. I topped mine with the lemon dill mayonnaise sauce but they are delicious with or without it!